Sight. Sound. Motion. Emotion.
Television’s power in four words. And though television still has tremendous reach and persuasive power, things have changed dramatically. We need to add the following descriptors:
- Today, every device is a television. 85% of Internet users watched online video on their devices (mobile, laptop, desktop, tablet) in 2018, wherever and whenever they chose. (Statista, 2018)
- Digital delivery and consumption of video has enabled more precise audience targeting than ever before, resulting in far greater campaign efficiency and effectiveness. Want your video to reach only prospective customers in a specific geographic area who have shown an intent to buy your product? Yes, this is possible.
- Prime time is now all the time. The days of the four major networks dictating the consumer’s schedule are long gone. Today’s savvy brands concern themselves more with the quality of the audience than when they’ll be watching.
- It’s no longer just entertainment, sports, and news. It’s explainer videos. It’s video blogs (vlogs). It’s video interviews, presentations, tutorials, product reviews, product demos, live stream recordings, video testimonials and video ads. And there’s an eager, hungry audience for all of it — online. In fact, 54% of consumers want to see more video content from a brand or business they support (HubSpot, 2018).
- Technology has democratized video production. User-generated video can sometimes be as powerful and persuasive as the TV commercials that major brands spend hundreds of thousands to produce. And precision targeting of online video for businesses of every size makes video marketing more affordable than ever. Video marketers get 66% more qualified leads per year (Optinmonster, 2019). And the average user spends 88% more time on a website with video (Forbes, 2018).
Succeed with Video Marketing
The question is not should you integrate video into your marketing strategy. The real question is When, or How soon should you integrate video into your marketing strategy. With rare exceptions, the answer is Yes, as quickly as possible.
The world of video (strategy, production, placement, etc.) can be daunting. We make it easy. We have video pros – creators, strategists, producers – on our team, some of us with over 30 years of experience. Watch us work for you. Contact Elektra Marketing today.