Customers: Your Most Important Stakeholders
For better or worse, consumers have come to trust search results and online review sites. According to SEO software company Moz, just four or five negative articles or reviews in Google search results can cost you 70% of your potential new customers. A negative article/review online can have massive repercussions offline.
How Elektra can help
Your digital reputation is your most important asset. We’ll help improve and protect it. Our ORM programs are designed to:
- Eliminate brand conflicts and ambiguity from Google search results
- Establish your brand as a trusted authority across the Internet
- Build trust and credibility by developing and leveraging online relationship networks
- Professionally respond to negative and untruthful claims
- Identify and address damaging reputation attacks
- Create and promote a positive, accurate online presence to protect your name and legacy
We Start by Scouring the Web for Brand Mentions Daily
- Confirm you are listed correctly online
- Monitor and manage all your reviews
- See how you compare to the competition and make recommendations
- See what’s being said about your business online
Online Reputation Management (ORM) is the practice of influencing or improving public perception of a company, brand, or individual using the tools of SEO and Public Relations. Done well, these tools can help push positive content higher in Google’s search results thereby diminishing the visibility and effects of negative content. Effective ORM typically includes a combination of two or more of the following services:
- Social Media management
- Online Review management
- Creating/optimizing websites
- Thought leadership articles
- Building high quality links
- Content management
There is power in words…
Today, Twain would have to amend his famous words. Lies can now travel all the way around the world – twice – before the truth gets its boots on.
The search results for your organization may or may not accurately reflect reality. Nonetheless, search results profoundly influence what consumers think about your brand, and ultimately what actions they may – or may not – take. According to a study by the world Economic Forum, on average, more than 25% of a company’s market value is directly attributable to its reputation.
You can do it yourself. Here’s how: Set up a reputation monitoring system. Search for yourself (or your brand) on Google and analyze the results at least 5 pages deep. Build your social media network and post often, including quickly responding to negative comments. Expand your online presence by claiming all relevant associated domains including possible spelling variations that consumers are likely to use. Incentivize, solicit and earn positive reviews. Develop and implement community outreach efforts – offline and online — that will earn positive comments and articles. Create and post content regularly that positions your brand as an authoritative expert. Depress negative content using effective SEO techniques. Diversify your search results by creating more visual results (such as Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube).
Or you could…
Contact Elektra Marketing today.